Women are unique. They have special needs which require special treatment. At Kelly Hawkins Physical Therapy, our licensed physical therapists are trained in addressing women's issues and providing the unique treatment that women require and deserve. All treatments are provided in an inviting and private setting.
- One in three women over the age of 65 will suffer a fracture of the hip, wrist, or spine. Diet, medication, and exercise have been proven to slow and halt osteoporosis. Physical therapy includes a proper weight bearing exercise program that includes weight training, postural, and balance exercises.
- Pregnancy should be a time of excitement and joy. However, more than half of all pregnant women suffer from back pain or other musculoskeletal discomfort. Research shows that hands-on treatment and a specific prenatal exercise program are very effective in dealing with these discomforts. A specific program can also be helpful with delivery preparation and during the postpartum period.
- Sports Performance Assessment
- Women have distinct anatomical differences that can play a role in their injuries and performance. Specific bio-mechanical assessments can address potential problem areas and provide an individualized workout program for their sport.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Women of all ages may experience an uncontrolled loss of urine, called urinary incontinence. Unfortunately, most women do not seek medical help for their condition. 70-80 percent of these women's issues can be cured or greatly improved with physical therapy. There are many non-surgical treatment options for incontinence. Physical therapy for urinary incontinence includes pelvic floor strengthening, abdominal strengthening, postural exercises, retraining, biofeedback, and electrical stimulation.